Connections Social Skills Camp is pleased to be partnering with AuSM again this summer to offer two social skills camp sessions during summer 2016.
Do you want to have fun making friends? Do you want to learn more about being a flexible thinker
with the help of SUPERFLEX, his friends the THINKABLES, and the UNTHINKABLES? Join us for
Connections: Social Skills Camp 2016!
Purpose: To provide children who have social difficulties such as social anxiety, high functioning
autism, ADHD, and related conditions an opportunity to work on social skills in a fun group
atmosphere around the Eden Prairie community.
June 20-24, 2016
9:30-12:00 (Campers entering 3rd-6th)
1:00-3:30 (Campers entering 7th-12th)
Activities in the community may include bowling, laser-tag, mini-golfing, cooking, rock climbing, dining at a restaurant, a scavenger hunt, going to sporting events, visiting a museum, and more!
• Open to students who are able to work safely in a small group setting
• Licensed special education teachers will be planning & facilitating camp
• Approximately 1:4 staff to student ratio
• Social skills taught using various curricula, including Superflex: A Superhero Social Thinking
Curriculum by Stephanie Madrigal and Michelle Garcia Winner; Social Thinking by Michelle
Garcia Winner & the new Thinkables!
• Parents/Guardians are required to provide all transportation for children
• The cost of Connections: Social Skills Camp is $350 per week. ($100 non-refundable deposit for cancelations received less than 14 days before session begins)
• Scholarships available for qualifying campers through Metro Friendship Foundation